Monday, May 3, 2010

Welcome to Spotted Banana!

My name is Lisa Yu and I'm from Vancouver, Canada.  Food has been an important part of my life as long as I can remember.  Some of my best memories are being surrounded by family and friends and sharing great food.

First and foremost, I am a pastry chef.  I'm not a photographer or food writer.  I don't own any fancy camera equipment.  Until then, my simple digital camera will have to do.  I started this blog as an online journal of my stories, recipes, and growth to becoming a better cook, both personally and professionally.

I started my pastry career working in an artisan bakery, learning the art of making sourdough breads.  From there, I worked at fine dining restaurants in Vancouver, Toronto, and Sydney.  I've recently developed a fondness for chocolate.  I want to venture out from working in restaurants and focus on learning the craft of a chocolatier.

I am deeply passionate about food and believe that food is what brings people together.  I hope you enjoy Spotted Banana as much as I enjoy sharing a part of my life with you. 

Happy eating!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment